DURATION: 2 days/14 hours
This course is intended for anyone who has completed basic body massage/sports massage training and has level 3 anatomy and physiology.
CPD POINTS: 14
- to develop your understanding of common medical conditions that clients may have
- to develop your knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body
- to familiarise yourself with the necessary precautions when treating such conditions
- to understand physiological changes that happen with certain conditions down to a cellular level
- to learn about preventive self help measures that you can recommend to your clients to ease their symptoms
- to understand the difference between certain medical conditions being contraindicated or not
Theory assessment – The overall pass mark must exceed 70%. If the mark is lower, a retake is available free of charge.
QUALIFICATION: Common Medical Conditions approved by the IGCT will act as a valuable addition to your CPD portfolio.
Professional Code of Conduct
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY:-
The Circulatory, Lymphatic, Endocrine, Respiratory, Nervous, Digestive and Urinary Systems
CONDITIONS OF THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
Type 1 (Insulin Dependant) Diabetes
Mitochondria and Metabolic Fitness in Diabetic Athletes
Peripheral Artery Disease