Legislation/Professional Code of Conduct
Anatomy and Physiology:-
The Muscular System
The Circulatory System
The Lymphatic System
The Nervous system
The Effect of Postural Alignment on the Digestive System
How Massage Helps those with IBS or Constipation
Massage Treatment in the Client with a Stoma
Basic Massage Routine
DURATION: 2 days
PRE-REQUISITES: Body Massage Diploma, Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
This course is intended for anyone who has already undertaken a basic body massage course :-
- and would like to extend their treatment range to include deep colon massage
- and would like to refresh their knowledge in this area and offer more energising treatments
- and would like to further their knowledge of the digestive conditions that may lead clients to book a treatment, with self help measures that they can suggest
- to develop your understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be a successful massage therapist in relation to the client who has bowel related issues.
- to extend your knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the digestive system
- to understand the physical and mental health benefits of massage therapy for the client with a bowel condition
- to familiarise yourself with colon massage and the techniques used
- to develop an understanding of the client with a stoma
- to identify any issues with postural alignment that may be affecting the client’s digestive health
When the theory and practical points are added together, a percentage is then taken. The overall pass mark must exceed 70%.
QUALIFICATION: Advanced Colon Massage accredited with the IGCT and will meet the criteria for obtaining public liability insurance. Theory and practical training and assessment with a pass score of 70%. If you don’t pass the first time you can retake the assessment at no extra charge.